We are committed to full compliance with all relevant data protection legislation in Greece including the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We are also committed to respecting your rights under this legislation and, in particular, the principle that your personal information belongs to you. The data controller for the information we process is DIG Athens.
We collect information from you when you register on our site.
When ordering you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address.
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We collect customer information when you place an order online, in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products and promotions. In addition, you may elect to sign up to receive email updates about our products and promotions. We collect personal information only when you voluntarily submit the information and we most definitely do not sell or rent the information you provide to us to third parties.
When you make an online purchase from us, we use your information to process your order. We will also send you emails to confirm your order, and we may need to contact you by telephone, email or regular post if we have other questions regarding your order. If at any time you would like us to remove you from our email mailing list or registration database, please contact us via email, including your full name and the email address used when accessing or ordering from our site.
Our website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy, which you should review before sharing personal information with them. We have no responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
What information do we collect and why?
How Personal Information is Used and Third Parties it Might be Shared With
All personal data you provide to us is used for the purposes of:
- Communicating to you the acceptance of your order and its status thereafter.
- Handling your orders, issuing receipts and processing payments.
- Fulfilling and delivering your orders to your selected shipping address. In this content, personal details like name and address is shared with our courier associates in order to deliver orders to you. Your telephone number may also sometimes be given to our courier for delivery services in case they need to communicate with you regarding your delivery or in case of a special delivery request.
- Informing you about your orders history and details of each respective order you have placed with us including items purchased, forms of payment, delivery address, recipient name etc.
- Providing you with a personalised shopping experience.
- Communicating to you information about our products, promotions and special offers, private sales and events of interest by use of your e-mail or by any other equivalent electronic communication means (such as SMS).
- You can send us an email, including your full name and the email address used when accessing or ordering from our site stating your refusal to receive our communications.
- Performing authentication, identity or credit checks to prevent fraudulent attempts in online transactions through our website. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
- In order to complete a purchase via a card, a collection of the personal details of the user is required. Any document which can be asked to verify the identity of the client remains strictly classified, it is transferred to and checked only by the Bank.The presentation of the personal details on behalf of the user part means that he/she agrees that these details can be used by the Company and the Bank for the above mentioned purposes.
- Internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data, to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors' needs.
We do not disclose your information to any other third parties other than the ones described above (e.g. banks, couriers). However, we do collate statistical information about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which we may pass on to trusted third parties but these statistics do not include any information, which can identify you personally. We see this as a value-added service helping you to find useful products or services.
Should you choose to have your name and personal data removed from our database all together, you can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service
- To process transactions
Your information will not be sold,exchanged,transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. In addition you may receive occasional company news, updates and related product information.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access them on our website.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website,conducting our business or servicing you so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising and other uses.
Third party links?
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In accord with relevant data protection legislation, we will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for the purposes listed above and to deal with any complaint or dispute you may have. If you require further information about our information retention policies, please contact us. Your rights under EU data protection legislation, you have a number of rights with respect to your information. These include:
- The right to be informed about the information we hold about you
- The right of access to the information we hold about you
- The right to have any errors rectified
- The right to withdraw consent (where consent is the basis of processing)
- The right to object to processing
If you have any questions about the information we hold, how we use it or how to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details below.
How you can access or correct your information
Please contact us or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our address: Areos 13, P. Faliro 17562, Athens, Greece
Tel: 210 9242535
What about Copyright?
All content included on www.digathens.com, such as works, images, pictures, dialogues, music, sounds, videos, documents, drawings, figures, logos, menus, web pages, graphics, schemes, tools, fonts, designs, diagrams, layouts, methods, processes, functions and software (collectively, the “Content”), is the property of Dig Athens or its content suppliers and is protected by national and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not reproduce, publish, distribute, display, modify, create derivative work from, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, the Content without the prior express written consent of Dig Athens, or its content suppliers, as the case may be.
Dig Athens and its content suppliers shall have the exclusive right to authorize or prohibit in their sole discretion any reproduction, publication, distribution, display, modification, creation of derivative work from, or exploitation in any way of, in whole or in part, the Content.
Dig Athens and its content suppliers shall have the right, at any time, to claim the authorship of any Content posted on the site and to object to any use, distortion or other modification of such Content. Any reproduction, publication, distribution, display, modification, creation of derivative work from, or exploitation in any way of, the Content expressly authorized in writing by Dig Athens or its content suppliers shall be carried out by you for lawful purposes only and in compliance with all applicable laws.